Monday, February 14, 2011

Cupid's Arrow Finds My Booty

This being the 2nd Monday of the month, it's my turn to host My Town Monday over at the official site. That means normally you'd find a post about Amarillo or the Texas Panhandle here, but this is no ordinary Monday. No, it is Valentines Day.


And in honor of Cupids arrival a group of bloggers have created the Just Kiss Already Blogfest.


I have decided to join in with a kissing scene from my short story Plundered Booty, which will soon be available in an e-book anthology titled ... DEADLY BY THE DOZEN: 12 Short Stories of Murder and Mayhem 




That body, those clothes, her confident demeanor. They should have been my warning sign, Dangerous Curve Ahead. But those lips … the slow way they parted … the painted red curves … the sultry tone of the words passing through them … the warmth of her breath on my neck. Yes, she was that close. Those lips made me hit the gas. They made me go in too fast. They made me plummet off the edge.


I wanted to say the heck with warning her. I wanted to taste her lips. Hell, I just plain wanted her. 

But I never got what I wanted, so I sure didn’t expect what came next.

Focusing solely on her big round eyes I said, “This job isn’t what you think. Junior has plans for you.”

Eva’s smile lured my attention back to those lips. “Men always have plans for me. At least Junior doesn’t make any bones about the nature of his plans.”


Her fingertips caressed my forearm in the exact spot where Fiona had touched me.

“It’s the men who keep their desires buried I worry about.” Her fingers crawled up my bicep. “You never know.” She caressed my neck. “When.” I swallowed hard as she traced my lips with her long nails. “They will lose control.”

My heart hammered in my chest.

“And take what they want.” She kissed me long and slow.



To see the list of other kissing participants click here, or of you have shown your town or area some Valentines love and want to participate in MTM click here.

21 comments:

Leah J. Utas said...

Oooh, great scene. Hell of a way to start my day. Thanks.

Jenna Wallace said...

Man, he is in trouble...

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Whew! Hot stuff! Happy Valentine's Day!

Triplezmom said...

Oh my. This will be interesting. . .

Donna K. Weaver said...

Jenna's got it right! Dude, run for your life! That girl SO wants something from him.

Intriguing about who this Fiona is.

Charles Gramlich said...

I've got a good kissing scene in a story called "River Road; Night Music." May have to post that.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Gotta watch out for those femme fatales, fella. Just ask Samson! Great use of detail to rachet the moment for it was worth. Thanks for dropping by my blog and liking what you read in my own entry. Roland

Gina Ciocca said...

Very sexy!

Mark Terry said...

As the editor of the collection, I can say: Jenna, you have no idea.

Travis Erwin said...

Leah -- Thanks. I'm proud of the story and can't wait for people to read the rest.

Jenna -- Yeah, trouble. Happens to all the good guys of the world.

Debra -- It's actually a comedy so this is about as hot as it gets, but the dude does get burned.

Travis Erwin said...

tripleZ - Interesting, and I hope funny as hell.

Donna - I hope you'll check out the anthology when its released to learn more about Fiona.

Charles - Jump right in the water is fine.

Travis Erwin said...

Roland - Thanks. Eva is definitly femme fatale.

Gina - This excerpt might be a misleading to the tone of the rest of the piece. It's actually absurd humor for the most part.

Mark - Way to sell it.

Melissa said...

This is an excellent exchange between the two characters. I particularly like the dangerous curve ahead bit.

Old Kitty said...

Ooooh I can feel the temperature go up a notch or ten! Wowza!!! What a temptress - she'll have him for breakfast and then some!!

Take care
x

Travis Erwin said...

Melissa - The pov character is a car salesmen and he equates everything to cars or driving. I set that up well before this scene.

Kitty - This story begs the question of whether good guys really do finish last.

Teresa said...

Great kissing scene, Travis. Congratulations on getting a story selected for an e-anthology! Way to go!

Unknown said...

Dangerous Curves Ahead. CLASSIC!!

; P

Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Sash

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Dangerous Curve Ahead -- snort, giggle! She certainly does seem dangerous. I don't trust her one bit, but I don't suppose your MC is thinking with his brains right now. ;)

Alix said...

ooh I like Eva! Great scene

Raquel Byrnes said...

I really liked his internal thoughts. The way he knows he never gets what he wants, but Eva's line about how men always have plans for me...very cool!
Edge of Your Seat Romance

Monnik said...

Nice scene, Travis!!